Sunday 15 March 2015

As New As Spring















Wow, where have I been? I just noticed how long it has been since I wrote on this blog, and it has been quite long. Life kind of got in the way with some family members health issues, plus my shop was non stop from Christmas time to the end of February. I am finally getting a breather and making time to give you a new entry.

I am so excited to feel a bit of spring in the air. In Toronto the snow has melted, but the sky is grey and gloomy and I think we will get more rain then snow from now on. I love spring because it finally feels like a new beginning of the year. I can get out again, go for a run and get myself in better condition for the summer. I will be sourcing out new plants for my botanical jewelry which will be getting a face lift this year. I thought I would faze out all of my resin plant/flower jewelry altogether, but I just can't do it. I want everyone who buys a necklace to get an even more unique piece that can last for many many years. So, stay tuned for those pretty pieces to come out in April and May. Right now I am working on some really pretty resin pieces which will be fairly priced because I am fazing them out.

I also will be giving my dream of being a metalsmith another shot. I signed up for a intro to Jewelry class in April and I look forward to learning new techniques, and being inspired to see how far I can go. Yesterday there was a Gem show in Toronto, and I bought a few new beautiful Cabochons that I will be making rings and pendants out of. I saw pictures last month of the Tuscan Gem show in Arizona ,and the Toronto Gem show did not compare by a long shot. I wish that in the future I will be able to get out there, even though I am sure I would want to bring everything home with me.

I promise to write in this blog sooner then later. You can also find me on Instagram where I do post new picture very often, especially with the nicer weather coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment